Friday, June 10, 2011

I have used one of my nine lives today.

I went for a trail run today and out of the corner of my eye I saw something charging me. As I turned my head to see what it was a bear had lunged out of a bush and landed about a foot away from my right side. He let out a loud huff and I jumped about 3 feet into the air and let out a high pitched scream, startling the bear back. I took off in a sprint. Super paranoid I continued to let out screams in order to alert any other bears that I might come in contact with. My planned run was an out an back. There was no chance in hell I was going to run back through bear territory. F that! So I ran and ran and ran and ran until things started to look familiar. Running into the bear only took me one mile off track and caused my leisure trail run to be a trail/tempo run. That's some kind of training program

No comments:

Post a Comment