Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back to the coast...

We are leaving Kernville today and plan on heading back to the coast. We still really want to see Big Sur. Hopefully we make it there and don't have to take too big of a detour to get there. We heard the road is washed out north and south of Big Sur.

Also, Kernville  is off the list...

Cool "little" town. Too little for us and the trails are not that great. (incomplete) We rode a trail called "Just Outstanding," a 15mile mountain bike trail and only 5 miles of that was on trail the rest of it was double track. Big bummer. Trey and I had a running joke of renaming the trail. Trey called it "Just OK" and I named it "Just a Joke.

I will say this however, I would give Kernville a second chance but only during a race or mountain biking event. I hear they have a lot of events, but people must come from all around to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment